CHICAGO (September 30, 2011) – Andaz announced today the Andaz Salon, a regular series of events to be held at every Andaz hotel, which offers the opportunity for guests and neighbors to engage in creative inspiration under the guidance of a unique event host who leads a spirited discussion with a collection of local influencers. From art exhibits, to wine and cheese immersions, to local music and dance performances, and culinary demonstrations, guests will experience the local scene through the eyes of leading cultural arbiters.
Each of the five Andaz hotels will kick off the Andaz Salon series focusing on the following themes: culinary and cocktails, performance and fine arts, and fashion. Each Salon will reflect a hotel’s local culture and creative landscape. In addition to on-property cultural events, the Andaz Salon can be experienced on the road on the Andaz Facebook page, which is designed to connect and inspire creativity digitally. In the future, salons will also focus on music, the written word and other themes.
“We believe the Andaz Salon provides a unique forum where ideas are easily born, exchanged and expanded,” said Tristan Dowell, Andaz brand director. “We are pleased to be able to bring together key influencers and one-of-a-kind experiences to help fuel our guests’ passion for work and life.”
The Andaz Salon will feature the following events in October:
- Andaz Liverpool Street – Sustainable Seafood Cooking Workshop: In recognition of the London Restaurant Festival from October 3 to October 17, the hotel will host two consecutive Saturday Andaz Salon events on October 8 and October 15 where Chef Martin of Catch will explore Billingsgate Market in East London, which is the UK's largest inland fish market, with salon participants. Then he’ll teach guests how the fish they select is prepared, and together, the group will create a meal to enjoy. The course runs from 7:45am – 2:00pm and costs £70 per person. To book a reservation, contact London.email@example.com or call +44 (0) 207 618 7200.
- Andaz 5th Avenue – tbd Art (the bar downstairs Art) Rotational Art Program: Over the course of a year and at varying times, four inspiring and unique artists will live in the hotel while they paint murals representing their “View of New York Today” on the hotel doors that lead to the bar downstairs. Each artist will be a host to a soirée to talk about the inspiration behind his or her piece and many of the artists will offer guests opportunities to engage and learn in other creative ways. Artist Mike Dreeland, known as M. Dreeland, will launch the program when he becomes the Artist in Residence from October 3 – October 6 where he will paint the doors in a pop art style that mixes basic acrylics and techniques from the old masters with hi-tech tools of the present and future. Most famous for bringing easily identifiable objects and themes to life through the use of thick paint and bold color, M. Dreeland’s creations have rapidly made him one of New York City’s most sought after artists. The next rotating artist, Mr. Cartoon, will begin his installation on the doors to the bar downstairs on December 12.
- Andaz San Diego - Wine & Food Education: On October 4, Andaz Salon participants can join a wine and cheese pairing class at the Ivy Wine Bar. Lindsay Pomeroy of The Wine Smarties will lead the discussion. The workshop runs from 6:30pm - 8:00pm and costs $40 per person. To book a reservation, visit http://www.localwineevents.com/events/detail/374628.
- Andaz Wall Street – Mixology, Entertainment and Impromptu Performance Series: On the last Tuesday of every month, New York City’s top mixologists and entertainers will take center stage at Bar Seven Five. Up next on October 25, the creative concoctions of Simon Ford from Pernod Ricard and Colin Apiah from U'Luvka Vodka. Guests will enjoy delicious cocktails and may be surprised by an impromptu performance in a Broadway style while mingling in Bar Seven Five. Previous sightings include the deliciously captivating tricks of “The Foodie Magician,” Josh Beckerman, and the sultry performers of Sugar Shack Burlesque. No reservation necessary.
- Andaz West Hollywood – Art Seen at Andaz: The hotel will feature a variety of artists from the local art scene in its bi-annual installation of special exhibits and exclusive showcases, curated by gallery owner Merry Norris.
Consumers interested in exchanging creative ideas with other like-minded travelers and experts can visit Andaz on Facebook. Guests on the page will find exclusive content and programming such as profiles on local artists, Salon events, stories of “Inspired Stays,” quotes from artists and visionaries, information on special local events, and more. For more information about the Andaz Salon and a complete schedule of events visit: http://on.fb.me/nAVPOe.
The Andaz philosophy is about simple, tailored hospitality and removing barriers between associates and guests. Travelers will feel as if they have been welcomed into a friend’s home instead of a hotel. There is no check-in desk; rather, an Andaz host checks in guests at their own pace – over a drink in the lounge or on the way to their room.
Five Andaz hotels are currently open: Andaz 5th Avenue and Andaz Wall Street in New York, Andaz Liverpool Street in London, Andaz San Diego, and Andaz West Hollywood. The first Andaz in Asia, Andaz Shanghai, will open soon in Xintiandi—a landmark entertainment area in the heart of downtown Shanghai, internationally acclaimed for its restored Shikumen architecture housing stylish restaurants, bars, and boutiques. An additional six Andaz hotels are under development around the world in Amsterdam, Netherlands; Delhi, India; Papagayo, Costa Rica; Sanya, China; Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands; and Wailea-Makena, Hawaii.
Global in scale while local in perspective, Andaz delivers an innovative hospitality experience and attentive, uncomplicated service designed to accommodate guests’ personal preferences. Hotels in this collection reflect the unique cultural scene and spirit of the surrounding neighborhood and are dedicated to creating natural and vibrant living spaces where travelers can indulge in their own personal sense of comfort and style. For more information and reservations, visit www.andaz.com.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The Company’s subsidiaries manage, franchise, own and develop hotels and resorts under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® and Hyatt Summerfield Suites® brand names and have locations on six continents. Hyatt Summerfield Suites is being rebranded as Hyatt HouseTM. Hyatt Residential Group, Inc., a Hyatt Hotels Corporation subsidiary, develops, operates, markets or licenses Hyatt ResidencesTM and Hyatt Vacation Club®, which is changing its name to Hyatt Residence ClubTM. As of June 30, 2011, the Company’s worldwide portfolio consisted of 456 properties in 44 countries. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release, which are not historical facts, are “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include statements about our plans, strategies, financial performance, prospects or future events and involve known and unknown risks that are difficult to predict. As a result, our actual results, performance or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as “may,” “could,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “seek,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “likely,” “will,” “would” and variations of these terms and similar expressions, or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by us and our management, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations include, among others, the rate and pace of economic recovery following the recent economic downturn; levels of spending in business and leisure segments as well as consumer confidence; declines in occupancy and average daily rate; hostilities, including future terrorist attacks, or fear of hostilities that affect travel; travel-related accidents; changes in the tastes and preferences of our customers; relationships with associates and labor unions and changes in labor law; the financial condition of, and our relationships with, third-party property owners, franchisees and hospitality venture partners; risk associated with potential acquisitions and dispositions and the introduction of new brand concepts; changes in the competitive environment in our industry and the markets where we operate; outcomes of legal proceedings; changes in federal, state, local or foreign tax law; fluctuations in currency exchange rates; general volatility of the capital markets and our ability to access the capital markets. A more complete description of these risks and uncertainties can be found in our filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K. We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are made as of the date of this press release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, new information or future events, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking statements, except to the extent required by applicable laws. If we update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that we will make additional updates with respect to those or other forward-looking statements.
# # #